Monday, May 24, 2010

Back under the Knife

Today, I underwent surgery to work on reconstruction of my breasts.  Here is the latest on my construction project! 

At the initial massive excavation on December 14th , they inserted some place holders that expanded to make room for my new TA TAs.   Now that I am expanded and healthier, they have to swap those expanders out for the real silicone TA TAs.  Thank goodness as the equipment felt like two hockey pucks (sorry had to throw a little Blackhawks humor in--at least they didn't knock my teeth out!). 

Surgery happened this morning at 7:30 a.m. (see they even have construction hours).  And while they were in there they fixed a dog leg (I swear that is what they call it).  Moved one Ta Ta up a floor (the ground was soft, it had slipped down).  And then they took some dirt (ok, fat from my tummy) and used it to fill in the landscape where there were some holes where they had scraped down to the bone.  The procedure was successful, they say.  Who can tell with the swelling and bandages!  

I was home by early afternoon.  In a lot of pain so we upped the dosage of pain killers a bit and now I feel good.  The doctor said no biking for a week but I think he was kidding.  No lifting and no jogging for 60 days.  The jogging he does not have to worry about! 

A week sounds a little aggressive, even for me.  So I will take it day by day and start with gently yoga stretches in a week.  That worked well last time.  This is perhaps the last procedure I need so I am excited and looking forward. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michele,

    I love your sense of humor!
    More steps forward, that's wonderful!
    Hang in there! Stay Strong, Michele, and Take Care!
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete