Saturday, November 7, 2009

Michele Ringwood Breast Cancer Blog

So, I had a diagnostic mammogram and what was supposed to be a 2 hour test turned into a 5 hour, "we just need a few more pictures." Followed up by an ultrasound done by two different people and a one on one with the radiologist where she tells me, "there are a couple of areas of concern." Then she said, you need two biopsies.

I started shaking and called Ken, he came and picked me up. He took me to Portillo's and I ate a chili dog, fries AND a Diet Coke. For that moment, I said the he*# with all this healthy eating.

They told me the core biopsies were no big deal. But they didn't spout all the usual statistics, they didn't say, "only 1 in 4 are cancer". They just kept saying they were concerned. Which just made me wonder, what do they see on that mammogram and ultrasound that they are not telling me? I am 47 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment