Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love the food.  Turkey with crispy skin, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fresh rolls, cranberries.   The whole smell that starts days before with apple pies, pumpkin pies, lemon pound cake.  Heck, I even like brussel sprouts (not that I did when I was younger but I do now).  I treasure that you know what you are cooking each year but that you can still play with the recipes to make things a little different.  I like that different families have different food traditions.  It is the only holiday where you actually have to figure out oven time so you can get everything done!  I enjoy setting the table and how the crystal glasses glow.  I love that it is a whole holiday dedicated to giving thanks.  I love the joy I see in my son about family coming.

No presents.  Family and friends.  I am thankful.  Thankful to family who have come from far away to be with us.  Thankful to the many close friends who have called and emailed their support and caring about us.  So today is not about cancer it is about being thankful for all we have in our lives.    Thank you.  I wish you joy as you celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment