Sunday, November 8, 2009

There goes that bike

We've been talking about new road bikes. Ken and I rode 1700+ miles this last summer.

200+ miles and five beautiful days on the Blue Ridge Trail in North Carolina. One day on this beautiful tree lined mountain road with no one but us around for miles, we were going uphill so fast that we felt like we were going downhill. I even loved the day that it rained so hard that water was sloshing back and forth in my shoes as I peddled. I had to stop and drain them and squeeze the water from my socks before we could go on. As my friend Jonathon says, "a bad day outside on the bike is better than any day indoors".

I just said a few weeks ago, we need a new trip to look forward to. I try to stay active; biking outside, spin class, yoga, weight lifting, elliptical (if there are no teachers I like). Five to ten hours a week. A trip motivates both Ken and I to keep at it. Keep healthy. The book, "Younger Next Year", changed our lives.

I'd started shopping the internet for trips for Christmas. Or Spring Break. I really want to go biking.

We'd agreed that when our house in Clarendon Hills sold we would buy new bikes. That happens next week.

When I told my friend and biking buddy Jonathon, he said, "there goes the new bikes." He is right. At least until the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment