Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Green is such a lovely skin tone

I'm still sore and a lovely shade of green from the biopsies. Ken says the green is from my Irish heritage. I have a knot and some occasional shooting pain into the knot. It looks like a walnut under the skin. I have ignored it for a few days. Thoughts have floated by like "well, this is nothing just wait." But I call the nurses to see if there is something wrong or something I should be doing.

She tells me this is normal. Let me tell you, nothing about this is normal. She says the knot may last 4-6 weeks, it is probably scar tissue or a hematoma (which is some kind of blood bruise?).

I tell her politely, "Well I'm not too sure I'll have this breast in 6 weeks so I guess there is nothing to worry about." It's not like it could get much worse right? Except then the thought passes through what if those shooting pains are blood trying to break down the "knot" and it is carrying the cancer throughout my body. I guess it could get worse. I'll be at the club at 6:45 a.m. to lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment