Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chemo 3 or 4 was much less eventful!

Chemo happened on Monday with a new cocktail.  And these weren't gin and tonics, bummer.   Or better yet, I would have preferred Mexican food and a beer.  No such luck, chemo cocktail it was.  Steroids, anti-nausea medicine, anti-anxiety meds and who knows what else.  Oh, yeah, those chemo drugs themselves.  C and A.  After the allergic reaction drama and dramatic side effects the last two times this time was kind of boring.

There was one scary minute when they were injecting the new chemo drug, Adriamycin through a syringe and not a drip IV bag,  Ken just had to be curious and ask why the syringe.  To which we get the answer because if this infiltrates outside of the vein it will burn up my skin permanently.  Nice.  So Lora sits and pushes it in and watches it.  Scary that they are dumping this into my body. 

We didn't even finish the whole funny movie, "Made of Honor", which I had been saving up for chemo.  The process was roughly 3 hours compared to the six or seven the last two times.  No really tough side effects yet.  They have me doped up for the next 3 days on some pretty strong anti-nausea medicine.   I just feel the nausea at the edges of my body but it isn't bad.  Headaches and lack of sleep don't really count as side effects compared to last time.  All in all this is physically a much better course of treatment (spoken optimistically day 2).  

I'm praying that it's coursing through my body kicking butt on whatever minuscule cancer cells might be left!

Looking forward.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michele,
    Glad this round of chemo went a little better for you. You are coming into the home stretch on this! Hang in there and stay strong.
    Take care, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete