Monday, March 1, 2010

Sick of feeling Sorry for myself

Perhaps it is that I am feeling better.    Perhaps it is my spirit drowning out my body.  But I am sick of feeling sorry for myself.  I am putting on yoga clothes and on my way out the door to a very basic yoga class for one hour.  

It is going to be 45 degrees in Chicago on Saturday.  Ken and I bike outdoors once it is 45 outside.  If I plan this right, perhaps I can work myself up to a couple of miles on the bike on Saturday.  Yoga today and Tuesday evening when my favorite teacher, John is teaching.  Wednesday I could do 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical.  Saturday I could be on the bike, even just for 20 minutes. It won't be our usual old weekend routine of two or three hours on the bike each day but....my bike is ready.  Winter tune up done and it is ready to ride.

When I suggested this over coffee this morning, Ken stared at me.  Clearly I am looking for the pony in here somewhere.  But I am going to start this week with the positive attitude that "I can".  A friend sent me an inspirational  remake of the "We are the World video" this morning and it struck home.  With Chile and being reminded of Haiti, other people have it so so much worse.  It is good to be reminded of that when you have been just wandering from bed to chair and watching television for too many days in a row.   It is good to be reminded of it when you are feeling too sorry for yourself.

So I am off to do some gentle yoga.  I will try to be a friend to my body today and nurture and support my spirit.  And I will do the best that I can.   I hope your spirit is strong as Spring is coming.  I hope you too are striving for the challenges you want to tackle today.   I am going to make the best of my life for today.     

No comments:

Post a Comment