Saturday, December 12, 2009

Prepping for Surgery

My surgery time has been changed, it is now 1:15 p.m. on Monday December 14th (moved later).   The good news is they will let me get up and have breakfast before 5 a.m. on Monday.  Those who know me, know that is fine.  I will probably be up anyway.   But nothing by mouth after 5 a.m.   I am happy, I will get to have my morning coffee so I won't go into surgery with a caffeine withdrawal headache.  How did I ever get addicted to caffeine anyway?  But this is not the week to try to kick that habit and go through withdrawal. 


The schedule has aligned.  Monday, Adam is studying chemistry after school and then going to a friend's house to study some more and hopefully not eat them out of house and home.  Ken will be with me until I am up in my room which may not be until 8 p.m. or so in the evening.  Two close friends will be there that night, one to stay overnight in the hospital with me and one to check in on me.

I have finished what Christmas shopping I am going to do, I have written what cards I am going to send, I have decorated the Christmas tree with decorations.  I have let life get smaller.  Only the most important ornaments (most made by my grandmother with a few Adam child ones) are on the tree.  The cards are for immediate family.  The shopping just enough so the tree will have something beneath it that matters to Ken and Adam.   Funny movies have arrived on loan from family and friends.  When those run out, I have a great list for Netflix.

Work is done.   The new sales "guy" (he's from New York, so I think that is ok) starts  January 4, 2010.  The Christmas party is planned, the gifts for the team bought, the NY Eve celebration organized for those who have to work.  For the boards I serve on, I have begged volunteers to pick up my pieces for now.

I went and got a kick-butt hair cut Thursday afternoon.  I am not going to sit around and stare at gray, out of control hair. This morning Ken and I went to the club and took a biking class.   I felt out of shape and not very strong but I will do it again in the morning because I don't know when I will be able to again.

Tonight, Ken and I are making one of my special comfort meals: steaks (grass fed beef), baked potatoes (with cheese and sour cream of course), broccoli with slices of lemon.  Most importantly, Ken is making his special desert; chocolate souffle cake.  The best desert on the planet; chocolate cake with a warm gooey center. 


Unless I have some brilliant epiphany that I need to share in these last 36 hours, I am signing off.  I will talk to you on the other side of my surgery and let you know how it went and how I am.   I have asked Ken to post a quick note Monday night to let you know I am out of surgery and all right.

Thank you all for the great movie comments and emails.  I have a wonderful list that I will share after I put it together.  Thank you for all your support. 

Looking forward,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment