Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chemo 1/4 starting 1/11/10

Less than 24 hours until chemotherapy starts and I am being such a girl.  I have been debating all morning about what one should wear for chemo.  I can't decide.  Should I wear comfortable yoga pants?  Should I wear the new cute gap black velour sweatsuit I got before the surgery?  Do I wear jeans or business clothes?  What will make me feel most like that the cancer should fear me and not the other way around?


At least thinking about this is distracting and helps pass the time.  This morning I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and an hour of yoga and stretching my arms and shoulders.  The arm and shoulder routine I have nicknamed the torture routine but for kicks I have added some yoga stretches to it.  I am having some mobility issues with my left shoulder and have pretty extensive scar tissue under my left underarm.  These have to be improved with extensive, painful stretching.  They simply won't fix themselves.  

It's lunch time so I will have a protein shake and then rest for the afternoon watch some Demi Moore movie, either GI Jane or A Few Good Men.  Those are great kick butt movies and I need to kick butt. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michele,
    Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you and Ken and your family.
    I have been keeping up with your posts but have not been good about posting comments to you.It sounds like you are doing everything "right" under the circumstances. Saty strong and hang in there!
    BTW what movie did you decide on?A few Good Men is one of our favorites. It is a good kicking butt movie.
    Take care,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch all 3 Lord of the rings movies. They all are great and offer HOPE! Hope is what you and Ken need the most. Hope and prayes will see you thought this......

    All of us are pulling for you....

    ReplyDelete