Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Steroids, oh the joy of Steroids

Today I could have biked down Lakeshore Drive and back (22 miles) in a heartbeat.  Even the 27 degree weather would have been fine.  As a friend has said, a bad day outside is better than any day inside. 

I felt good.  Strong, clearheaded and so I worked.  Just a few hours from home in the morning touching base with all the great people at my office on little things that I wanted to be involved in. 

Then I walked on the treadmill and literally had to pace myself and hold myself back from going too fast or too long.  Then I stretched arms, shoulders and chest.  I really feel like I am making progress with my mobility.   A few more phone calls and at 3 p.m. I crawled into bed determined to rest.  I was too wired for sleep but I was starting to feel this headache and knew I should rest.  By 4:30 p.m.  my temperature was going up.  It is a couple of degrees above normal and my face is pink.  The headache is worse. 


Tonight will be a quiet night.  A dinner at home, a movie.  Sleep.  Unfortunately I have to learn the rhythm of chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment